Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Ps 26-30

CHAPTER 26

Test My Integrity

  1. Lord…
    1. Vindicate me for my integrity
    2. Examine me
    3. Test my mind and heart
    4. Do not take my soul away along with sinners
    5. Do not take my life with men of bloodshed
    6. Redeem me
    7. Be gracious to me
  2. I…
    1. Have walked in Your truth
    2. Don’t sit with the wicked
    3. Wash my hands in innocence
    4. Will go about Your altar
    5. Love the habitation of Your house
    6. Shall walk in my integrity

CHAPTER 27

Fearless Trust in God

  1. The Lord is…
    1. My light and salvation (whom shall I fear)
    2. The defense of my life (whom shall I dread)
  2. Psalms 27:4 (NASB) 4 One thing I have asked from the LORD, that I shall seek: That I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, To behold the £beauty of the LORD And to £meditate in His temple.
  3. The Lord will …
    1. Conceal me in the day of trouble
    2. Hide me in the secret place of His tent
    3. Lift me up on a rock
  4. THEREFORE…I will …
    1. Lift up my head
    2. Offer sacrifices in His tent with shouts
    3. Sing praises to the Lord
  5. Psalms 27:7 - 8 (NASB) 7 Hear, O LORD, when I cry with my voice, And be gracious to me and answer me. 8 When You said, “Seek My face,” my heart said to You, “Your face, O LORD, I shall seek.”
  6. Lord, do not…
    1. Hide Your face from me
    2. Turn Your servant away in anger
    3. Abandon me
    4. Forsake me
  7. Psalms 27:12 - 14 (NASB) 12 Do not deliver me over to the desire of my adversaries, For false witnesses have risen against me, And such as breathe out violence. 13 I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD In the land of the living. 14 Wait for the LORD; Be strong and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the LORD.

CHAPTER 28

Prayer for Help; Praise for Answers

  1. Lord…
    1. Do not be deaf (for if You are silent, I will be as those who go down to the pit)
    2. Hear my voice
    3. Do not drag me away with the wicked
  2. Bless You Lord, because You …
    1. Hear my voice
    2. Are my strength and shield
  3. Psalms 28:8 - 9 (NASB) 8 The LORD is their strength, And He is a saving defense to His anointed. 9 Save Your people and bless Your inheritance; Be their shepherd also, and carry them forever.

CHAPTER 29

The Voice of the Lord in the Storm: GIVE IT UP FOR GOD!!


  1. Ascribe to the Lord
    1. Glory and strength
    2. Glory due His name
  2. The voice of the Lord…
    1. Is upon the waters
    2. Thunders
    3. Is powerful
    4. Is majestic
    5. Breaks the cedars
    6. Makes Lebanon skip like a calf
    7. Hews out flames of fire
    8. Shakes the wilderness
    9. Makes the deer to calve
    10. Strips the forests bare
  3. The Lord..
    1. Sat as King at the flood
    2. Sits as King forever
    3. Will give strength to His people
    4. Will bless His people with peace

CHAPTER 30

At the Dedication of His House

  1. Lord…
    1. I extol You
    2. You lifted me up
    3. You did not let my enemies rejoice over me
    4. I cried to You for help
    5. You healed me
    6. Brought up my soul from Sheol
    7. You kept me alive, and from going down to the pit
  2. Therefore…
    1. Sing praises to the Lord
    2. Give thanks to His holy name
  3. Why?
    1. His anger is but for a moment
    2. His favor is for a lifetime
    3. Weeping may last for the night
    4. Joy comes in the morning
  4. Psalms 30:10 - 12 (NASB) 10 “Hear, O LORD, and be gracious to me; O LORD, be my helper.” 11 You have turned for me my mourning into dancing; You have loosed my sackcloth and girded me with gladness, 12 That my soul may sing praise to You and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks to You forever.

No comments: