CHAPTER 21
Prayer for Deliverance
- Lord, it’s all aboutYou
- Your strength makes the king glad
- Your salvation makes him rejoice
- You give him the request he asks for
- You meet him with blessings of good things
- You crown him with fine gold
- You give him the life he asks for
- Your salvation gives him glory
- You place splendor and majesty upon him
- You make him blessed forever.
- You make him joyful
- Your lovingkindness keeps him from being shaken
- Your hand exposes his enemies
- Your right hand finds those who hate him
- You destroy his enemie’s offspring
- You keep their evil plots from succeding.
- You make them turn their back
- You aim Your bowstrings at their face
- Your strength and power is what we sign and give praise about.
CHAPTER 22
A Cry of Anguish and a Song of Praise: Pz of Christ
- Psalms 22:1 (NASB) 1 My God, my God, why have You forsaken me? Far from my deliverance are the words of my groaning.
- Matthew 27:46 - 47 (NASB) 46About the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, “Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?” that is, “My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?” 47And some of those who were standing there, when they heard it, began saying, “This man is calling for Elijah.”
- Psalms 22:8 (NASB) 8 “£Commit yourself to the LORD; let Him deliver him; Let Him rescue him, because He delights in him.”
- Matthew 27:43 - 44 (NASB) 43“He trusts in God; Let God rescue Him now, if He delights in Him; for He said, ‘I am the Son of God.’” 44The robbers who had been crucified with Him were also insulting Him with the same words.
- Psalms 22:15 (NASB) 15 My strength is dried up like a potsherd, And my tongue cleaves to my jaws; And You lay me in the dust of death.
- John 19:28 - 29 (NASB) 28After this, Jesus, knowing that all things had already been accomplished, to fulfill the Scripture, said*, “I am thirsty.” 29A jar full of sour wine was standing there; so they put a sponge full of the sour wine upon a branch of hyssop and brought it up to His mouth.
- Psalms 22:16 (NASB) 16 For dogs have surrounded me; A band of evildoers has encompassed me; They pierced my hands and my feet.
- John 20:25 (NASB) 25So the other disciples were saying to him, “We have seen the Lord!” But he said to them, “Unless I see in His hands the imprint of the nails, and put my finger into the place of the nails, and put my hand into His side, I will not believe.”
- Psalms 22:17 - 18 (NASB) 17 I can count all my bones. They look, they stare at me; 18 They divide my garments among them, And for my clothing they cast lots.
CHAPTER 23
The Lord: The Shepherd of His People
Psalms 23:1 - 6 (NASB)
1 The LORD is my shepherd,
I shall not want.
2 He makes me lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside quiet waters.
3 He restores my soul;
a. He guides me in the paths of righteousness For His name’s sake.
4 4 Even though I walk through the £valley of the shadow of death, I fear no £evil,
a. for You are with me;
5 Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
6 5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
7 You have anointed my head with oil;
8 My cup overflows.
9 6 Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life,
10 And I will £dwell in the house of the LORD forever.
CHAPTER 24
The King of Glory Entering Zion .
Psalms 24:2 - 4 (NASB) 3 Who may ascend into the hill of the LORD? And who may stand in His holy place? 4 He who has clean hands and a pure heart, Who has not lifted up his soul to falsehood And has not sworn deceitfully.
QUESTION: What are the characteristics of people God wants/accepts for worship?
ANSWER: Those with a clean hands and a pure heart; those who have not dealt falsely nor sworn deceitfully.
COMMENT: But God, I can’t do this or be this in and of my self…I need help
CONCLUSION: But thanks be to God who has done this for us through Jesus Christ.
ACTION: Accept what He has done in my place for me…and go out in His strength to live this way.
CHAPTER 25
A Plea for Forgiveness and Deliverance
One can’t read this Psalm without the tune going through your mind that contains the words of this Psalm.
Psalms 25:1 - 5 (NASB) 1 To You, O LORD, I lift up my soul.
2 O my God, in You I trust,
3 Do not let me be ashamed;
4 Do not let my enemies exult over me.
5 3 Indeed, none of those who wait for You will be ashamed;
6 Those who deal treacherously without cause will be ashamed.
7 4 Make me know Your ways, O LORD;
8 Teach me Your paths.
9 5 Lead me in Your truth and teach me,
10 For You are the God of my salvation;
11 For You I wait all the day.

No comments:
Post a Comment