Today is July 4th, 2008. I’m BBQing and listening to an account on TV about the Marines who took Iwo Jima, the movie "The League of Grateful Sons" … about Veterans who are now talking about what it was like to be in that war…and how their biggest worry was that they would not live up to their father’s honor. And they are taking time to talk with their sons about what it was like to fight, how they felt, the challenges they faced. I’m thinking of you son, you are visiting with Lisa today. You have gone with her to the
As I’m watching these men as they share with their sons what God has done in their lives, I long to share that same God I know with you. My prayer is that you will grow up and not miss capturing the baton of gratitude to God I have for the country He has , allowed me to grow up in, and for the freedoms we share, that are slipping away from our country. I pray you and the country you will grow up in, that God will allow you to enjoy the freedoms that your grandpa fought to win for you. Don't let them slip away. Be courageous. Be a man. Be strong.

No comments:
Post a Comment